Temporary Graduate visa – Subclass 485
A temporary Graduate visa allows international students who have recently graduated from an Australian institution work, live and travel for up to 4 years. There are 2 streams within this visa subclass:
- Graduate work stream for students that have graduated with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations needed in Australia. This visa is issued for 18 months.
- Post study work stream for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian Institution. This visa usually allows you to stay, work full-time and live in Australia from 2 to 4 years depending on your qualification and location of your studies.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa – Subclass 482
This visa will allow an employer to sponsor a suitably skilled worker to fill a position they cannot find a suitably skilled Australian to fill. This visa will allow you to work for your sponsoring employer between 2 to 4 years with the option to be nominated for a permanent visa (under Medium-term stream). There are two streams under this visa subclass:
- Short-term stream – nominated occupation must be on short-term skilled occupation list. Visa is granted initially for 2 years with option for renewal of another 2 years.
- Medium-term stream – nominated occupation must be on the medium-term skilled occupation list. Visa is granted for up to 4 years with an option to apply for permanent visa subclass 186 (employer nomination scheme) after 3 years of being holder of 482 visa.
Employer Nomination Scheme – Subclass 186
This visa will allow skilled workers who are nominated by their employer to live and work in Australia permanently. There are 3 different streams under which you can apply:
- Direct Entry Stream – for applicants who are nominated by their employers and can meet the criteria for this visa
- Labour Agreement Stream – if your employer is party to a labour agreement
- Temporary Residence Transition stream – for applicants that have been working for the employer for at least 3 years (while holding a 482 visa) and were nominated under Medium term stream